Summer is on the way and with that comes fresh ingredients. That’s a key for high quality Gazpacho. Here’s my quick recipe.
- Quarter the cucumber, pepper, onion and tomatoes and puree in a blender.
- Add juice from 1 lime, salt/pepper, paste, and olive oil. Pulse a few more times until it’s smooth.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Serve soup in chilled bowls, garnish with chives or cilantro, and serve chopped vegetables and croutons as accompaniments.
- An extra touch for presentation: add 1 ice cube to soup bowl just before serving. Can also be served in amuse glasses for a fresh taste to a summer get together.