OH MY GOD, EGGNOG!
This recipe originally came from our favorite cooking show host, Alton Brown. We added a bit more alcohol to the mix and spiced it up a bit more.
The recipe is surprisingly simple, especially after making a few batches. Each batch is about 4 glasses of eggnog. Here’s the recipe, enjoy!!!
WARNING: this has raw eggs, in my opinion the ONLY way to drink eggnog (unless you are pregnant, elderly, etc. of course)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 pint / 500ml whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4.5 ounces white run
- 4.5 ounces of Jim Beam Whiskey
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 egg whites
- In the bowl, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color. Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until it is completely dissolved. Add the milk, cream, alcohol and nutmeg and stir to combine.
- Place the egg whites in a small bowl and beat to soft peaks. Gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk the egg whites into the mixture. Chill and serve with a bit of fresh nutmeg on top.